The times of going to the supermarket and using single-use plastic are behind us. Tote bags have become a staple in our shopping experience, with the idea of not having your own bag with you seems immoral! But do you really know the impact of your trusty tote?
Here are some ecofacts that you may not have realised:
- Around 8 million metric tonnes of plastic rubbish are put in the ocean every single year.
- Seas turtles and other wildlife eat plastic bags by mistaking them for food, which sometimes ending in them choking.
- Up to 80% of ocean plastic pollution enters the ocean from the land.
- Plastic bags are used on average for 12 minutes in their lifetime.
- It can take 500 years or more years for a plastic bag to degrade in a landfill. Which then turns into microplastics, which can never be removed.
If these facts have made you reconsider your single-use plastic then we have the perfect solution in our range of tote bags, here are some of our favourites:
One for all situations:
One for the animal print lover:
One for Spring / Summer:
One for the bold:
Happy shopping while also helping the planet! Tag us in your tote bag styling with @unified_uk